Giving 'em the bizniz since 2006

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Bizniz, Volume 4, Issue 5

College Football week 4 is upon us. The standings after last week are:

Hill 80-9 (2-3 upsets)
Chesh 75-14 (3-6 upsets)

My helmet sticker from last week goes to Terrelle Pryor (20-26, 224, 4 td's passing/7carries, 104 yards, td rushing). I love me some Terrelle Pryor and I'm thrilled to see Jim Tressel open things up and utilize his unique talents. Dude can BALL. Chesh went with Cam Newton of Auburn (13-21, 158, 2 td's passing/25 carries, 176 yards, 3 td's rushing).

This week's picks:

Texas A&M 23
#24 Oklahoma State 36

Chesh: Okla St 32 TAMU 24

#7 Florida 20
#1 Alabama 28

Chesh: Bama 27 Florida 16

#2 Ohio State 42
Illinois 21

Chesh: Ohio St 46 Illinois 16

#3 Boise State 56
New Mexico State 10

Chesh: Boise St 58 NMSU 10

Game of the Week
#13 Stanford 28
#4 Oregon 42

Chesh: Stanford 38 Oregon 34

#5 TCU 40
Colorado State 9
Chesh: TCU 48 Colo St 12


#16 Texas 17
#8 Oklahoma 28
Chesh: Okla 21 Texas 14

LA-Monroe 14
#11 Auburn 37
Chesh: Auburn 52 LA-M 10

#9 Wisconsin 23
#21 Michigan State 28*
Chesh: Wisc 17 Mich St 13

Tennessee 17
#10 LSU 32
Chesh: LSU 38 Tenn 17

#17 Miami 35
Clemson 27
Chesh: Clemson 28 Miami 23

#20 Penn State 20
#18 Iowa 27
Chesh: Iowa 28 Penn St 16

#19 Michigan 42
Indiana 20
Chesh: Mich 45 Indiana 13

#25 Nevada 48
UNLV 21
Chesh: Nevada 38 UNLV 17

Non-top 25 Game
Navy 24
Air Force 34

Chesh: AFA 28 Navy 17


I am loathe to spend time writing about uber-d-bag LeBron James but some recent comments he made (and that a few other sportswriters have written about) have compelled me. James said recently that race played a factor in the backlash with his decision. Shocking! How rare it is for the race card to be thrown out. You almost never see it. James is maligned because of the way he handled the entire situation in epic diva fashion, humiliating the Cavs organization and the city of Cleveland on worldwide television, NOT because he is black. Brett Favre is maligned because he too is a huge diva and holds his team hostage every offseason and makes everyone bend to his beck and call. Favre is an a-hole too and I'm fairly sure he ain't black.

I can relate to James though. The other night, I stubbed my toe while going to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I hate to be "that guy" but I do feel like race played a role in the incident. A few months ago I got two parking tickets when the parking meters had expired. Clearly to me there are serious racial undertones here. A while back I went to the movies and the movie I wanted to see was sold out. Why? Racism. The automatic windows in my car don't roll down anymore and I can't help but wonder if they would roll down if I weren't white. My Sports Illustrated issue last week came all wrinkled up and part of the cover was torn. Makes me wonder. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

As for LeBron being "so motivated" and "taking note of all the haters", keep all those clippings, son. Put all the bulletin board material up you want. You couldn't win a championship in Cleveland. You aren't a champion. The Cavs had the best record in the NBA two years in a row and didn't even make the Finals either year. We as fans have taken note of that. Too bad you weren't "so motivated" during your Cavs career.

2 comments:

  1. My Jack Russell terrier barked at a black kid who came to my door selling stuff last week. Did that have anything to do with racism LeBron?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Great eesh son. Love the sarcasm as always!

    ReplyDelete